7. Frank Sinatra - Songs for Swingin' Lovers (1956)
1. You Make Me Feel So Young
2. It Happened in Monterey
3. You're Getting to Be a Habit with Me
4. You Brought a New Kind of Love to Me
5. Too Marvelous for Words
6. Old Devil Moon
7. Pennies from Heaven
8. Love Is Here to Stay
9. I've Got You Under My Skin
10. I Thought About You
11. We'll Be Together Again
12. Makin' Whoopee
13. Swingin' Down the Lane
14. Anything Goes
15. How About You?
This album title is oh so much funnier today than in the 50's. And really it wouldn't be out of place at a swanky swinger's party. Of course then, if you are a male, you might be missing your watch to be able to notice how this is the perfectly constructed 15, 3 minute track, 45 minute long album. You might be lucky and it might be a car key party.
So if you love swingin' this is a great album. Particularly because you'll probably know all the songs in it and they will be standards of loungy music. While 1955's Wee Small Hours was Francis Albert's most depressing album, this is probably Sinatra at his the height of finger popping.
From You Make me Feel So Young to How About You, this is the shortest, sweetest collection of what can be termed the definitive Great American Songbook. Yes, the songs have been overplayed, but that is for a good reason. Not only are the lyrics great, so are the arrangements. So, probably the least astounding thing of the album is Sinatra himself. Sinatra is just Sinatra, with quite a lot of energy on this particular album, but it is still just him. And Sinatra is always pleasent.
This album is available for streaming on Napster.
Or buy it at Amazon: UK or US
1. I've Got You Under My Skin
2. You Make Me Feel So Young
3. Makin' Whoopee
4. How About You?
Swinging activities can include (but are not limited to):
* Exhibitionism: having sex with a partner while being watched.
* Voyeurism: watching others have sex (perhaps with the above mentioned partner).
* Soft Swinging or Soft Swap: kissing, stroking, or having oral sex with a third or fourth person. This may be in the form of a threesome or group sex, or partners may literally be swapped.
* Full Swap: having penetrative sex with someone other than one's partner, which is the commonly understood definition of swinging (though not necessarily the most common type.)
* Group Sex: An all inclusive term for activities involving multiple partners in the same vicinity.