Monday, January 21, 2008

470. The Undertones - Hypnotised (1980)
















Track Listing

1. More Songs About Chocolate And Girls
2. There Goes Norman
3. Hypnotised
4. See That Girl
5. Whizz Kids
6. Under The Boardwalk
7. Way Girls Talk
8. Hard Luck
9. My Perfect Cousin
10. Boys Will Be Boys
11. Tearproof
12. Wednesday Week
13. Nine Times Out Of Ten
14. Girls That Don't Talk
15. What's With Terry

Review


More Undertones music with more unforgettable hooks but also more of the same. I do like The Undertones, but they really don't blow me away, there was of course the great Teenage Kicks John Peel's favourite, but maybe The Undertones are one of those bands that would serve us better by having a Best Of compilation rather than an album.

Even a singles compilation would be great, this is no badmouthing, I love the Buzzcocks for example but their best album is Singles Going Steady, a single compilation.

So if you liked the first Undertones album on the list you are bound to like this one and if you didn't this won't change your mind. So I am giving it the exact same grade.

Track Highlights

1. My Perfect Cousin
2. Hypnotised
3. Wednesday Week
4. Whizz Kids

Final Grade

8/10

Trivia

From Wikipedia:

The original LP release included the UK chart hits: My Perfect Cousin, which made #9 in April 1980, and Wednesday Week, which got to #11 in July the same year.

My Perfect Cousin:

No comments: