1. The View From The Afternoon
2. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
3. Fake Tales Of San Francisco
4. Dancing Shoe
5. You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me
6. Still Take You Home
7. Riot Van
8. Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured
9. Mardy Bum
10. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But?
11. When The Sun Goes Down
12. From The Ritz To The Rubble
13. A Certain Romance
It's not that the Arctic Monkeys are terrible, because they aren't, not because they don't have good tracks, because they do. It is because they sound like nothing more than the Strokes and the Libertines put together, there is nothing particularly new or amazing here and yet the hype around them was one of the greatest ones in the last years.
Why? There really is little explanation for it, in such a way that they already sound kind of dated only 3 years later! So they are good, but they are also one of the most overrated bands ever, the UK often seems to have one of these phenomena... a bit like Primal Scream and Oasis, I just don't get it.
The album isn't particularly smart but it is fun and I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor is most definitely one of the greatest tracks of the year. But as they said when they won the Mercury Prize "Richard Hawley was robbed".
1. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
2. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But?
3. From The Ritz To The Rubble
4. The View From The Afternoon
The album became the UK's fastest selling debut album, shifting over 360,000 copies in its first week, and remains the fastest selling debut album by a band. It has since gone quadruple platinum in the UK, and won the 2006 Mercury Prize.
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor: