Tuesday, November 13, 2007

427. AC/DC - Highway To Hell (1979)
















Track Listing

1. Highway To Hell
2. Girls Got Rhythm
3. Walk All Over You
4. Touch Too Much
5. Beating Around The Bush
6. Shot Down In Flames
7. Get It Hot
8. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
9. Love Hungry Man
10. Night Prowler

Review

Welcome to 1979. Now the whole band was really on a highway to hell, drugs, drink and misbehaviour and none got there faster than Bon Scott who is the vocalist here and who died shortly after this album. But hey at least he had fun getting there. Who wants fucking angels and harps anyways... I was always miserable in the cold.

AC/DC is one of those bands with whom I have a kind of love/hate relationship, I don't really recognise much I like in the music, but I have fun with it. I think I might possibly put it in a similar place as Queen, another band that I have fun with but would never put an album on from my own volition.

That said the whole album is pretty good as far as AC/DC style rock goes, sooner or later all the songs have burrowed into your mind and you kind of like them now... they would have that effect even more with Back In Black later on, but that is quite present here.

So yes, it is quite puerile, very silly, but also a lot of fun. I won't put it on again for myself but I don't mind it at all.

Track Highlights

1. Highway To Hell
2. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
3. Walk All Over You
4. Shot Down In Flames

Final Grade


7/10

Trivia

From Wikipedia:

It was originally released by Albert Productions, who licensed to album to Atlantic Records for release outside of Australia, and was then re-released by Epic Records in 2003 as part of the AC/DC Remasters series. On May 25th 2006, Highway To Hell was certified 7 x platinum by the RIAA. In 2003, the album was ranked number 197 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

Highway To Hell:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AC/DC is basically fun although they can frustrate you for doing the same shit in every album.