143. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River (1969)
1. Green River
3. Tombstone Shadow
4. Wrote a Song for Everyone
5. Bad Moon Rising
7. Cross-Tie Walker
8. Sinister Purpose
9. Night Time Is the Right Time
Here come Creedence with more of the same. You can refer back to the review of Bayou Country for a lot of what I think about Creedence. This is not however a bad thing, and if anything this album is even better than Bayou Country.
Firstly it has more memorable tracks, and secondly they don't loose themselves in overly long tracks; if anything, they are too short. I would have liked to listen to more of Bad Moon Rising for example, but it ends at 2.23 minutes. It is good however for an album to leave you wanting more. It means that they are doing something right.
The idea of the imagined South is more developed here, and has a darker slant than in Bayou Country, even if the songs sound chirpy, the lyrics are anything but. And last but not least it's The Dude's favourite band, so if Lebowski likes it, so do I. Buy it at Amazon UK or US.
1. Bad Moon Rising
2. Green River
3. Wrote A Song For Everyone
Bad Moon Rising followed by Proud Mary (from Bayou Country) :
* In The Simpsons episode "Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington", Homer sings a portion of "Bad Moon Rising," after hearing Marge ask someone to perform CPR.